Immigration Q&A – June 6 2020 (Attorney Sheetal Patel and Clement Chang)
Immigration Q&A was a webinar organized by IndusTV on 3rd June 2020 which covered all the current updates about Immigration Rules and Regulations. Also, it was an opportunity to answer Questions from Audience related to various immigration challenges.
Speakers of the Event:
Sheetal Patel: Sheetal A. Patel is a partner with Pasricha & Patel, LLC and has extensive experience in all aspects of immigration law. She has successfully represented clients from diversified industries including information technology companies, startups, healthcare companies, pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, doctors, universities, hotels, restaurants, retail businesses, and artists/entertainers.
She also handles complex employment-based applications, adjustment, administrative motions and appeals, and nunc pro tunc petitions.
Clement Chang : Clement C. Chang is a senior associate with Pasricha & Patel, LLC. His practice areas include all areas of business immigration, and employer compliance issues at the federal and state level. He is a member of the New Jersey and New York bar. Mr. Chang’s expertise extends to labor certifications (PERM), and employment-based non-immigrant and immigrant visa petitions.
He assists with representations for a variety of clients from information technology companies, pharmaceutical companies, educational institutions, researchers and scientists, restaurants and dining services, to performers and musicians as well as religious organizations.
- How can H1 B workers maintain their legal status during Coronavirus pandemic? People have been working reduced hours… they are not asked to work for 40 hours because the Companies cant pay.. they are probable getting furlough.. they may need to change jobs or may need to change work address from work office to home. How can they maintain their legal status?
- How about changing job and changing address?
- People are losing jobs. When a person on H1 B loses a job, what happens and what should he do?
- Person may get a job, incase on day 51 or 52 of the 60 day time they have, can still the process of filing H1 be done on time (within 60 days)?
- With Covid, what’s happening with the processing with H1 B new extensions, and may be H4 EAD? Are you sensing any delay in the process?
- Q from Satish Vaishnav: I want to know how to renew my immigrant visa categories F42 and F43, if his wife and son were unable to enter USA before the 3rd May deadline due to the closure of flights. He has entered USA on Feb 16th and he is primary applicant on F41 category.
- Q from Ashwini Sheetal: When do we apply for H1 Amendment for work from home employees? Do we need all documents like Client letter?
- Q from Ronak Shah: If a PERM is filed for someone via both employers based which is an EB2 and family based F4 category, is there a possibility of any issued when the individual goes for H1B visa stamping back home? Does the individual face tough questions from the counselling such as why the green card is filed in two categories? Can his or her H1 B stamping face trouble?
- Q from Selena Balakrishna: Would applying for reentry permit jeopardize or delay my issuance of green card by USCIS when form I797 is issued?
- Q from Dhara Patel: I am Green card Holder. I had sponsored my spouse who is in India. He’s already scheduled for interview but due to pandemic, we got email that his interview is cancelled and its going to be rescheduled once its open. Does 60 days ban affect me? Will the law extend because I am a green card holder?
- Q from Pardik Bhatt: I have applied for my wife’s immigration in 2018 currently in India received email from National Visa Center mentioning document has been approved NVC will work with the US Embassy Consulate in Mumbai to schedule an interview appointment. Will take time for NVC to schedule an interview because of the pandemic? I am assuming the consulates are closed right now, so it may take time..
- Q from Raj Padeka: When will the US Embassy in Malaysia open?
- Is there a hold on Green card processing by USCIS? And Why?
- Is USCIS still processing student OPT’s and CPT’s?
- Any changes for F4 (sibling category) status? Are there any changes right now from an processing prospective?
- My Mother in Law’s immigrant visa expires on June 10th 2020. She can’t travel right now. What is the process of extension? Once you submit the extension request letter to Consulate, do we get a receipt, how to feel safe that USCIS has received the letter?
- Q from Shalusha: Can a part time H1 B employee apply for a Green card?
- Q from Satish: When does USCIS visa consulate open in Mumbai? I have received email from US travel docs.com, that I will have to pay visa fee again and go to consulate directly between 10 am to 10.30 pm
- There is a talk about 250,000 salary proposed on Cap for H1 B. Can you share if you know if this is going to happen and what does that help making us understand? What does that mean especially for small companies having a cap on a number like 250,000 on H1 B.
- I was on my CPT before and my H1 B got approved. I left my CPT halfway. Will it be necessary that I should complete my education while I was on CPT?
- Any non-immigrant visa services have been suspended at this time?
- Trump administration recently imposed new restrictions on Chinese journalists working in the US. Requesting attorney Clement to shed some light on that.
- Q from Dhara: Will Trump administration extend the 60 days immigration ban after June 23rd? I am waiting for 2.5 years for my spouse.